It has now become necessary for the Association to open the Website for knowing the details of the players in regard to their participation in the District Tournaments, various Coaching Programme, Talent Hunt Programme. This would help the Districts Sports Associations to know the identity of the players as we have introduced the 'Son of Soil' theory for registration of players from the last year. It has been observed that most of the talented players from districts are getting the opportunity in every year for inclusion in the Bengal Squad of different age-groups and for such to keep the said supply-line to the Bengal Squad, the Association has felt that the standard of Bengal Cricket cannot be improved unless and until the overall standard of District Cricket is improved. To upgrade the overall standard of District Cricket and also to find out the talented players from the grass-root levels, the Association had initiated a series of development programme in the districts during the last four years viz. -
- Introduction of Inter District Twenty - 20 Tournament.
- Uniform District Cricket Coaching Programme for Un-14 & Un-16 players.
- Two Days Residential Talent Hunt Programme.
- Two Days Residential Physical Training & Fitness Programme.
- District Umpires' Workshop.
- District Coaches' Workshop.
- District Groundsmen Workshop.
- Participation of the District Champion Team in the P. Sen Memorial Invitation Trophy Tournament.
- Infrastructure/Ground Equipments Development in Districts.
- Enhancement of different subsidies for various District Tournaments.
- Introduction of Prize Money from the 2nd Phase in all the Inter District Tournaments including the S. P. Hazra District Club Championship Tournament.
- Preparation of Turf Wickets in every District for holding District matches.
- Sub-Divisional Coaching Camp for Under-16 players in all 65 Sub-Divisions to impart the basic knowledge of batting & bowling to the young budding boys & girls of the remote villages of our state of West Bengal. Necessary gears including Mat & Net were provided for conduct of the said Camps.